Sunday, August 1, 2010

More Packing!


More boxes are packed! This weekend was a busy one for our last in Geneva. Jim woke up at 2:15am on Saturday morning to go fishing. Yikes! I got a lot done around the house. On Sunday, we woke up early and went to breakfast at Nosh. So good! I had a yummy breakfast burrito with chorizo. After lunch, we went to Ikea. We picked out a new table and dresser, which we will assemble in Eugene. We then went to visit Neal and Maria's new son, Santiago. He was so small and cute! I just ran around the neighborhood (lots of outdoor workouts before we leave, as our gym membership has expired) and now we're going to settle in for dinner. Tomorrow starts my last week of teaching at Kishwaukee College! No calls yet for any new jobs in Eugene, but we remain optimistic.

1 comment:

barfy said...

Amanda - Congratulations on your recent marriage! I wish you happiness and good health throughout your life together! We so enjoyed knowing you while you lived in Florida - you were a true joy to be around and an inspriation! Rustin just told me your good news and I found your blog through FB and had to pass on my good wishes to you and your new husband. Cara is 10 now and knows "everything". She still has a little stuffed lamb that you gave her when she was born that she keeps on a shelf. We live north of Dade City now on some land - a farmette of sorts with chickens and enjoy the quiet. Emily is in St. Pete - She graduated from Ringling and works as a Graphic Artist. Rustin is in NYC and does video for the NY Botanical Gardens. Flea is still with us and my mother has moved to a retirement center in Tampa. If you 2 ever get to Florida we would love to see you! We wish you the best! Beth Dwyer