Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Last Day of Work

Tomorrow is my last day of work at Kishwaukee College. I have taught biology classes there for the last five years. Although I don't like driving there in the winter and I'm certainly underpaid (who isn't?), I have found it enjoyable and rewarding. I will miss lecturing and interacting with the students every day. I hope I find an equally rewarding job in Eugene.
My car is gone! We sold it to a coworker of Jim's. Good bye, Aveo! We've had 4 years and 70,000 miles together. We are now a one car family.
Jim has done a great job of packing today. Tomorrow night the tv, tv stand, and old dishes will leave. Then it will really feel barren in here!
After my last final, I will stay at school and hand in my last grades. Then I'll drive home from Malta for the last time! Maybe I'll drive by our old house at 330 S. 5th St. for old times sake!
We're getting closer to being Oregonians!

No comments: