Monday, August 30, 2010

Clean Pup

The pizza that Jim made last night was so good!! (See link below for recipe.) I'm a lucky gal for many reasons, one of which is that my husband can cook. While we ate we watched Big Love. We're on Season One and even Jim has gotten into it.
It was raining this morning and we realized we are ill prepared for the rainy season (which should be here by October.) We are used to staying inside when it rains, but that means we'll be inside for seven months. I worked out in our fitness room and drove Jim to school (raining!). When I came home I gave Trooper a much needed bath. He was hairy and smelly. I also had to pull out some fall clothes (high today was only in the 60s.)
When I picked Jim up from school, we first went by REI (looked like they'd had a fire and sign said closed temporarily) so we then headed to Dick's Sporting Goods. We each invested in a rain jacket. Luckily I can fit in a child's size, so I bought a green Columbia jacket. Jim bought a Columbia also (no kids for him!) and I also bought a new pair of pink running shorts (a treat!) Our next investment for Jim will be fenders for his bike so that his pants don't get splashed when it rains.
No job calls still, but I did get an email response from Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Lane County. I'd emailed them about volunteering as a mentor. I have to schedule an interview and then they have training for it at the end of September. It's something I've always been interested in, so hopefully it will work out.
For dinner I made veggie fried rice. I made it with tofu (which I marinated in soy sauce, oil, mustard, garlic, and ginger), edamame, corn, red pepper, carrots, peas, rice, and egg. Pretty yummy.
Also, our wedding photographer, Bob Kessler, published our wedding video project to Facebook. I don't know if I am able to post it to this blog right now, but if you're my FB friend, check out my profile. I <3 it!!

No comments: