Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tempeh Quesadillas and Fun Sites

Did you know about my love for tempeh?  I think I've blogged about it before.  It's kind of like tofu, but better.  It's a great vegetable protein and has a really nice earthy taste.  Oh my god, I love it.  My wonderful hubby has created his own recipe that I love, love, love: tempeh quesadillas.  He makes them with sauteed tempeh, cooked spinach, refried black beans, green chiles, and pepperjack cheese, all on a flour tortilla.  I then dip them in plain Greek yogurt, green salsa, and add avocado.  They have been in our dinner line up (and lunch leftovers) for two weeks in a row.  (Jim said he was going to stop making them for a few weeks so I don't get sick of them.)  They are healthy (I guess the cheese might not be the best, but oh well) and filling.  (They are loosely based on the food from one of our local faves, Laughing Planet Cafe.)  I don't want to sound like a broken record, but we should all be trying to integrate a few veggie meals into our menus. 
I realized I never reported on my first day of volunteering at the museum.  It went well!  I spent two hours shadowing someone in the exhibit hall.   I am looking forward to learning more about the natural and cultural history of Oregon. 
I also stumbled upon a really cute blog, A Confederacy of Spinsters.  These three women seem like my kind of sassy young feminists. 
I also found the site of Joel Dewberry, a fabric designer.  He is a reminder of how many beautiful patterns and fabrics exist out there.  (And how materialistic they all make me feel.  But I want them!!!) 
Okay, now go make yourself some tempeh quesadillas.  If you need advice on how, call the Legal Beagle (after 5pm Pacific Time.)

No comments: