Friday, June 8, 2012

Adult Swim and Book

My second swim lesson went really well last night.  I was able to "swim" across the pool four times (all with a different flotation device of some sort.)  We worked on adding in arm strokes and side breathing.  By the time I get about 3/4 of the way down the pool, I am exhausted!  It's another good challenge to add to my workout routine. 
I finished my June Book Club book and highly recommend it.  This month we will be discussing The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks.  It's a nonfiction book that centers around the cells of an African American woman who died in the 1050s, but it is very interesting and well written.  Don't be scared that it's a science book.  It's very readable and was a fast read for me.  It brings up a lot of interesting points on biology, medical ethics, racial issues, and legal questions.  You should read it!  I'll keep you updated on July's book.
Otherwise, life is going well.  Still cold and rainy here and we're wishing for the return of summer weather.  Tomorrow is the annual Big Brothers Big Sisters fishing trip on a reservoir off of the McKenzie River.  It's a long day, but the kids have a blast, so it's worth it. 
Have a Happy Friday, readers!

No comments: