Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Tadpole

Last night was my first swim lesson!  It went really well (I think.)  The gal who is teaching me is a super sweet undergrad at the university.  Prior to my first lesson, I went to about five stores looking for athletic swimwear.  Girlfriend did not realize how expensive it is!  Athletic suits for women start at $50 and go up from there.  After a discouraging shopping trip, I didn't even buy goggles or a cap.  So I showed up to lessons wearing my J. Crew bikini and borrowed goggles from my instructor.  (Apparently the hubs has some goggles from his days as a tri-athlete.)  We started with breathing exercises, which were hard for me.  Going under the water made me really anxious and clausterphobic.  Then we worked on floating, which my body would not physically do.  Then we worked on kicking and breathing at the same time, first on the wall, then with a paddleboard.  I liked working with the paddleboard.  I tried to kick and breathe without it and sank.  My next lesson is on Thursday evening and she said we'll be adding in arm strokes.  Hopefully I'll graduate to a pollywog. 

No comments: