Thursday, June 28, 2012

Teardrop Bag

 Yay!  I made a purse for myself!  It literally took me four days or so.  I had purchased Amy Butler's book, Style Stitches, quite awhile ago and never made anything from it.  So I went online and found some super cute fabrics (also Amy Butler: her Lark collection) and ta da: my purse.  I was really pleased with it and have used it every day since I finished it.  I like the size and where it falls when I wear it. 
 If you look closely there are some errors (I literally ran out of my bobbin thread within an inch of finishing so got crazy and used red bobbin thread when I was sewing with navy needle thread.)  I am also concerned about the integrity of the magnetic snap (I installed it myself!) but still love the bag. 
It even has a lining!  It called for a pocket, but I messed some things up and had to leave it out.  The book considered this an "intermediate" level pattern, so I am happy to have it turn out as well as it did.  Who knows what crafts will be next!

No comments: