Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Friday

Trooper's friend Oliver spent the night on Thursday.  He is a sweetie.  They had fun chasing each other, playing with bones and tennis balls, and napping.  It seemed like Oliver felt right at home.  This only intensifies my desire for a second doggie.

Tonight is Book Club!  I am going to take cheeseburger sliders.  I might be revolutionary and take beer instead of wine.  We'll see, though.  (We had beer at one BC last summer when we made beer floats.  Beer just feels right in the summer.)  Not only am I lucky enough to have a monthly gals night BUT I have a wonderful husband who drives me there and picks me up.  What a guy!! 

Tomorrow morning I begin my new volunteer activitiy: tour guide at the Museum of Cultural and Natural History on the UO campus!  I volunteered as a docent for two years at the Brookfield Zoo and am hoping to get back to using my degree (Anthropology) so thought this would be a great way to spend the next year.  I will be doing this in addition to Big Brothers Big Sisters, so have a few things going every weekend, but why not.  I am lucky enough to only work 40 hours a week and have a 10 minute (15 minutes if on bike) commute, so am home by 5:15 every day.  I am also an advocate for public service (when the time and money allows) so this will help me give back to the community.  And it won't hurt my resume either! 

No comments: