Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pork Chops Marsala

Jim is currently in the kitchen prepping pork chops marsala and creamy polenta for dinner. I'm pretty excited. I just took ginger snaps out of the oven. Jim loves spicy desserts that aren't too sweet and LOVES ginger snaps. I made the Better Homes and Gardens recipe. I liked Ina's, but the candied ginger chunks were a bit too much for me.
Saturday was a very busy day. Jim worked on his memo at home until 15 minutes before it was due. I had to work from 8am to noon. I rushed from work to pick up my little sister for BBBS bowling. After bowling we went to the park. She has fun doing kid things like swinging and playing on the jungle gym. (Which I played on as well. I'm very sore today. I fell twice. Parents were staring but it was for a good cause.) In the car she asked me if I had a boyfriend. I said, actually, I have a husband. To which she responded, do you like him? (I guess that is a legitimate question.) I said, I love him more than anything. She's a funny kid. After I dropped her off I ventured to Trader Joe's (which was a nut house, but I wanted to get shopping out of the way.) Then I came home and took Trooper on a jog. We came home at 4:45 and Jim had just submitted his memo.
We went to Toshi's Ramen for dinner, which was awesome. You order at the counter and they bring your food to you. We had potstickers and we both ordered different types of ramen. Oh my gosh, it hit the spot! I had been so cold all day (probably from playing in the park). The noodles and broth were so good and they even put a pad of butter on top which melted into the soup. Yum! After dinner we met some friends for a drink. Jim was turned away from one bar due to his expired license. We went and had a few drinks at another. I was so tired but it was fun.
Jim took the WHOLE day off from law school work! Today we've been catching up on household things (four loads of laundry and still going), shopping, and getting the fenders put on my bike. We went to the campus gym (yesterday Jim saw a naked baby in our apt's fitness center; the mom said to him, the baby peed herself and I really had to get this workout in. Then the baby tried to play with the free weights, a tort waiting to happen as Jim said.) We're looking forward to a nice evening together.
I signed up for a 4 mile Turkey Trot on Thursday morning! Looking forward to trotting pre-turkey.

No comments: