Sunday, November 14, 2010

Muchaca

Right now we have beef simmering on the stove top to make Muchaca (sort of shredded beef that we'll use to make tacos.) I made it a bit differently (is that the adverb form of different?) than the recipe. I'm using a different cut of meat as there was no skirt steak at Albertson's. Actually, when I asked the butcher, he was a bit of a meat snob and said skirt steak is "too fatty and no one buys it." So I bought other steaks of some sort. I also did not marinade the steak for 8 hours. I've also got an apple bread in the oven. It's the same recipe as zucchini bread but with shredded apples instead. It seemed autumnal. Jim is in our room studying away (finals are only a month away!) We gave Trooper a benadryl to help him get some itching relief. Poor pup! He's passed out in his crate right now. This afternoon I timed myself on my bike to see how long it would take to get to work. It's only 2 miles away. I'm hoping I can ride my bike once a week or so to save on gas and get some extra exercise. It only took me 15 minutes. Jim put my bell and lights on for me (since it's almost pitch black by the time I leave work at 5pm.) Next he'll just have to put on my fenders. Tomorrow after work I'm going to see a band called On the Rhine with a friend. It may be a late night (for me at least!) so I hope to blog again on Tuesday.

No comments: