Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Back to the Vet

Last night I saw On the Rhine at WOW Hall. It was a neat place. It was kind of like a church. And my kind of crowd! Lots of older folks with some kids sprinkled in. Loudon Wainwright's daughter opened for them. The lead singer has a beautiful voice and they live in Ohio (birth place of baby Amanda.) I enjoyed hanging out with Mahala too.
This morning was a bit stressful in our house. After 2 days of Benadryl, Trooper was still itching all night. Our car tags and Jim's license expired in October. To register our car here we have to do extra paper work since the bank owns it. This involves a lot of steps that my lovely husband has been taking care of. He can not get his license because his passport expired and he does not have a birth certificate (but his mom ordered us a new one today!) And with one car, I needed a ride to work (too wet to bike) so he could get to the DMV and vet. All this with Jim's memo due on Saturday. Whew!
Luckily, the vet thinks Trooper just has allergies that may have become infected due to too much itching and licking. So he gave him steroids and antibiotics. Hopefully that will help!
We are staying in Eugene for both Thanksgiving and Christmas due to our finances. It looks like we'll be having a bit of a Thanksgiving potluck with some other law school couples and I'll be working the next day. Any of my readers are welcome to come visit! We are thinking we are heading to Illinois after Jan 3 but before Jan 18. Otherwise, it will be a long while before we travel again!
Okay, I must get to making pizza and finishing laundry (I'm still catching up on laundry from two weeks ago!) Ciao!

No comments: