Friday, January 27, 2012

TGIF

First of all, Jim wanted me to tell you all his FAVORITE snack: peanut butter.  Trooper seconds that.
By Thursday afternoon, Jim is over the hardest part of his week.  He was home by 5pm and even took Trooper for a jog.  And he made dinner!  He made awesome crab cakes with canned crab.  He doesn't even use a recipe, which is a skill I envy.  I need cooking guidance. 
I have a fun weekend planned: spin class, watching my LS's basketball game, going out for a drink tomorrow night, then long(er) run Sunday.  I'm also working on a new shirt pattern and reading the second book of The Hunger Games.  If you haven't read The Hunger Games, it's pretty enjoyable.  They are young adult, so they read pretty fast, and take place in the future.  Other than that, they are hard to explain, so you may as well just read them.  Next month's book club book is one that I read a few years ago, The Guernsey Potato Literary and Peel Pie Society.  I am hoping to get to reread before our meeting as it's been so long, but I do remember loving it.  So read that too!  Oh, and look forward to this post: I am planning on making Ina's chicken and biscuits but replacing the regular biscuits with sweet potato biscuits.  Watch out.

No comments: