Friday, January 13, 2012

Bangers and Mash

First of all, the vodka marina recipe from my last post was really yummy.  Instead of pancetta, I mixed in broiled salmon to make it slightly healthier.  Both of us enjoyed it.
Wednesday night was the kick off to pre half marathon training!  My new training buddy and I ran 4 miles.  I even bought new shoes for the adventure.  "Real" training starts the week of Feb. 27, when we run a lot.  On a lot of days.
Jim went to Portland today with a gal from school to do something or other for his symposium that's coming up in the beginning of February.  If he's back early enough, I'm going to make Ina's Bangers and Mash.  I have never made this, and am not the biggest mustard fan, but it will be fun to try.  If you know me, you know I love sausage.
There is a chance of snow in the valley this weekend!  It rarely snows here and if it does it's wet and melts.  It would be fun to have a snowy Sunday, walk Trooper to the dog park to play in it, then bake bread and make chicken noodle soup.  Trooper goes crazy when the grass is frozen, so I'm really hoping to see him play in the snow (still haven't seen much snow since we adopted him!)  If we do, I'll try to get some good pictures or video to post.

No comments: