Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Birthday To Me!

Happy 2012.  We made it safely back from our trip to Illinois. We had an awesome week, lots of visiting and eating.  We slept in every morning, caught up with friends and family, played some Wii, and had an overall great time.  We ate all of the favorites that we can't get in Oregon: Italian Beef, Chicago Dogs, Deep Dish Pizza, Thin Crust Pizza, Fried Cheese Curds.... (We ate tempeh burritos and falafel upon our return to Eugene; our arteries welcomed the change.)
We picked up our wonderful mutt this morning before work.  He seemed more excited to see Jim and kissed him all over.  They dropped me off at work, and Jim said that when he went home he went right for his new dog toys that he was given for Christmas (thank you, in laws!) 
I am counting down until 5pm.  I'm going to get a nice work out in while Jim grills me steak and makes baked sweet potatoes and salad and we are going to open a bottle of wine from Sweet Cheeks that we've been saving.  A nice start to my 31st year.

3 comments:

Judy said...

The happiest of birthdays to you! We miss you already and hope your celebration and birthday dinner is great!

Love you,
Judy

Amanda said...

Thanks, Judy. We miss you all too. We are truly loved!

Mitch said...

Okay, so I am 99% sure that I sent you a happy birthday message in some way in the cyber world... But when I checked back through the trusty old phone, no dice... So here is my happy birthday to you, one of my bestest of friends. 13 days late. I love you Zeek.