Friday, January 20, 2012

Long Night

Poor Legal Beagle.  He did not get off to Bend until around 7pm or so (usually a 2.5 to 3 hour drive) and just his luck, the highway through the Cascades was closed due to a landslide.  He had to turn around and take a longer detour, but made it safely eventually.  Hopefully he won't have to be there all day and can return by this afternoon.
Trooper appeared to have major anxiety over him being gone.  He is currently on a round of antihistamines and antibiotics for a new hot spot outbreak and he has been very itchy lately.  Last night he woke me up every hour itching and licking but I couldn't find any irritated spots, so I am wondering if we was confused by his dad's absence.  Either way, it made for a long night for us.  Then he woke me up at 5:30am, ate his breakfast, and barked into the parking lot.  I think he was woofing his dad home.
We are hoping for a relaxing night at home tonight and a good night's sleep.

No comments: