Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Holy Monsoon

It seems that in the dry spell we had in Oregon, we forgot that it rains here.  It's only been raining two days, but it has been pouring.  It is winter in the Pacific Northwest, I guess.  Our favorite Legal Beagle has been riding his bike everywhere in it, as Tuesday was his first day of school.  He also works 20 hours a week, participates in a club, and is preparing for his competition in New York.  When he told me his schedule this morning, I said, "See you in May!"  And he said, "We'll have a great summer!" 
If you are a subscriber to Martha Stewart Living (you should be), last night I made the pasta and ham dish featured in the vegetable section.  I couldn't find any links to it online, but it's in the February issue.  It has broccoli and cauliflower and was pretty tasty.  It was a bit labor intensive for a week night dinner (involved food processing), but it made a giant pan.  I recommend it. 
Tonight my running buddy and I are braving the elements for another 4 mile pre-training run.  We might go the rec center, but we agreed that if we stay inside when it's raining, we'll be indoors until July.