Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Poor Puppers

If Trooper could add a caption to this, it would run along the lines of how unfair life is.  What you can't see in this picture is how he is shaking and calculating how he can jump out of the tub.  Poor, wet, soapy doggie.  Even at his unhappiest, there is no sweeter creature than that little guy.
Tonight I am making Giada's Veggie Lasagna.  I omitted the asparagus and added in garlic.  I did not make the individual sizes, but used a 9x13 pan.  This allowed me to use the no boil noodles.  I also chopped all of the veggies in the food processor.  (I am never chopping veggies or grating cheese by hand again.) 
Pre half marathon training has been going really well.  We've had some warm sunny days (don't think too hard about global climate change) and my exercise partner and I went to Spin on Saturday, ran 5 miles on Sunday, and went to yoga last night.  Tonight I rest.  It should be interesting to see how tired my body is and how hungry I am when we reach our 11 mile runs. 
Trooper and I are counting down the days til Jim is done with his symposium and competition, allowing him to study at home a little more.  He'll still be busy, but we miss that guy in the evenings!

2 comments:

*Laura Angel said...

Amanda, you should think about adopting another animal in need. You are such a good mommy! Any doggie or kitty would be overjoyed to have you!

Amanda said...

Thanks, Laura. We are hoping to adopt another doggie when Jim is finished with law school :)