Sunday, March 11, 2012

We Heart the Weekend

Life is always nicer on the weekend.  On Friday night, we ate Little Big Burger take out, drank IPAs, ate Girl Scout Cookies, and went to bed early.  I slept 10 hours.  (Sometimes on the weekends I sleep for 11 hours!) 
Saturdays have become my run around day.  I go to a Spin class every week (one of my cross training workouts).  After spin, I took our taxes to the UO campus where students will do your taxes for free.  Free but a three hour wait (ugh.)  But we ended the night on a fun note, having dinner at our friends' house and playing the Wii.
The Legal Beagle is spending most of the weekend studying away.  Before we know it, it will be spring break and then finals.  And then summer, when I get to see that guy even more!
This morning is my distance run.  7 miles today.  If you are a runner (or walker), a great resource for mapping your routes is the gmap pedometer.  There's an option to enter your weight and it will also tell you how many calories you burn.  I think we are going a total of 18 miles this week.  Next week is a little bit of a recovery week, so our Sunday run is only 4 miles.  The exciting news is that after today, we are 25% of the way through our training!  And it will be light out later. 

No comments: