Tuesday, March 20, 2012

San Fran on our Minds

I am pooped.  This week is NOT a recovery week.  I ran 6 miles in the pouring rain tonight.  Trooper ran two of those with me.  As tiring as it is, I love crossing off my workout on my training schedule on the fridge.  As I told someone the other day, I feel like an 80 year old arthritis patient who is training for The Hunger Games. 
Speaking of running, a girl was "groped" on a running/ bike path in a park near UO and our apartment.  If you know the Legal Beagle, he is a serious worrier.  I was hoping he wouldn't hear about it, but he did, and his worrying will now only multiply.  Oh, Legal Beagle and our culture of fear.
The other thing that LB gets to see when he gets home from class tonight is that our garbage disposal finally stopped working.  It's been broken and leaking for weeks, so our "fix" has been to put a bowl under it to catch the water leaking and ignore it.  And continue to use it.  Probably not the best method.  Repairs are tough for us as I don't like the maintenance men coming in when we aren't here and Trooper is. 
But in better news, we are planning to drive to San Francisco for Memorial Day weekend!  I have never been before and we have some friends in the area.  It should be about an 8 or 9 hour drive from Eugene.  My boss said I can take off that Friday through Tuesday.  And, as our loved ones may remember, May 29 is our anniversary.  Looks like we're going to be smooching in San Fran. 

No comments: