Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Feeding a Hungry Bear, Er, Law Student

We are currently consuming at least one jar of peanut butter a week.  And one container of honey.  When I pointed this out to my lovely husband this morning, he said, "I'm like a bear."  I am making home made trail mix, granola bars, cheese cubes, fruit snacks, etc., on a weekly basis.  Riding his bike, working out, and studying burn a lot of calories. 
Tonight I am trying a new veggie recipe, tempeh and cauliflower.  I found this great website, 101 Cookbooks, and then checked out the author's cookbook at the library.  It's filled with tons of healthy/ natural/ veggie recipes.  As I always say, I love meats as much as the next gal (probably even more), but it never hurts to work in a few veggie meals a week.  It's good for your heart, waist, pocketbook, and the environment.  (Note: I still love cheeseburgers.)

No comments: