Thursday, March 1, 2012

Energy

I am so excited.  I finally perfected my granola bars.  I made these granola bars three times and the first two times they were crumbly, more like granola than granola bars.  As you can see, I cut the recipe in half to make a smaller pan.  I also replaced the butter with canola oil (trying to keep the hearts healthy in our house.)  Last night I decided to keep the recipe halved, but kept the amount of honey the same (so basically doubled the honey.)  I also let them cool overnight so they could harden.  And they were bars!  The other changes that I made were the addition of flax meal, golden raisins, coconut flakes, peanuts, and walnuts.  Jim has already eaten a few of them today.  I think that means they are a hit.
Tonight was our first speed training.  We ran two miles at a regular pace and then did sprints on a track on campus, a half of a lap at a time.  And then we ran a mile back.  And my legs are jelly.  Gotta maintain that energy. 

No comments: