Wednesday, March 28, 2012

 I found an awesome Chilaquiles recipe on a blog that my wonderful husband tried out.  It was so good!  It's pretty hearty stuff (it is tortilla chips soaked in sauce, after all.)  That didn't stop Jim from eating three helpings!  We made it with eggs and black beans and I had some for breakfast the next day. 
You can't tell in this picture (yep, he's laying on our clean laundry), but Trooper went to the groomers this week.  We haven't seen any hot spot since we've returned from NYC (yay!) so we're hoping he's calm for now.

I am in Week 5 of Half Marathon training and this is the first week it's felt difficult to me.  I will brag about myself and say that I am in pretty decent shape, but I have a feeling the next few weeks will be a bit of a challenge.  If you are a new runner, I would recommend doing at least 12 weeks of training.  Last night I ran about 5.5 miles on the treadmill (with sprints in the middle) and tonight I ran 6 miles outside.  Tomorrow is 4 miles outside, then rest day (yay).  Saturday is cross train, then Sunday we are lined up for 9 miles.  Then I am going to eat the heck out of a breakfast strata.  I've been trying to make sure to eat a lot of healthy proteins/ fibers/ fats such as peanut butter, almonds, cheese, fruits, etc.  Even though my body is tired, training is strangely addictive.  I love crossing off my workout on my schedule on the fridge.  Who knows, maybe I'll do another one before we leave Eugene!

No comments: