Sunday, March 18, 2012

Last Days of Winter

Tons of daffodils are blooming around Eugene.  These ones are from the grocery store, but they still bring a lot of sunshine to our kitchen.

Spring is transitioning in with weird Oregon weather.  Today it we have seen rain, snow, and sun throughout the day.  This past week was one of the rainiest of the season and was a rude reminder that it does, in fact, rain a lot in the Pacific Northwest.  Today we did fun things like wipe away mold and mildew from the walls, windows, etc. of our apartment. 

Yesterday was a nice St. Patty's Day.  After spin, I took my LS to a BBBS sports day.  Last week she was home as she had acquired head-foot-and-mouth disease (elementary schools are petri dishes) so she was really excited to go out with me this week.  And then it was friends and fun with the Legal Beagle, out at the bar, listening to bag pipes and drinking beer. 

This morning I woke up at 8am for a 4 mile run with my running buddy.  (This week was a recovery week, with only 15 miles total.  Next week we are back up and will end the week with 23 miles!!)  After we ran our gentlemen joined us for a lovely breakfast.  It was fun to have our workout and breakfast over before 10am.

After breakfast, my GF and I went to Target to buy seeds and supplies for gardening!  She has garden plots in her yard (the luxuries of a house!) and has invited me to share the space with her this year.  We picked up seeds for the following: basil, cilantro, peppers, peas, carrots, zucchini and we plan to get tomatoes, strawberries, and lettuce at a specialty store.  I'm looking forward to get back to gardening, as I haven't been able to since our sweet little garden plot in St. Charles. 

No comments: