Sunday, March 25, 2012

Date Night

 Last night we watched The Descendants.  Although it's a pretty depressing view of marriage, it made us both crave Kauai.  These three pics were taken at Hanalei Bay in June of 2010, on our honeymoon, the best vacation known to man (or at least us.)
 I think this picture was actually used in the movie.
George Clooney did not ask for my Tai Chi picture.  Not sure why.

Last night we celebrated Jim's spring break by going on a date to a really nice Mexican fusion restaurant, Red Agave.  It was the nicest meal we have treated ourselves to since arriving in Eugene over a year and a half ago.  We both had awesome margaritas (Jim plain, mine jalapeno).  Jim had a lamb shank and mashed sweet potatoes for his entree and I had Fillet Mignon and pablano mashed potatoes.  OMG it was so good.  I thought I'd have leftovers to enjoy today but I ate it ALL. 

My running buddy is nursing an injured ankle, so I tackled my eight mile run by myself today.  Half Marathon is April 29th!  Next Sunday we up it to 9 miles. 

Today I put a pork roast in the crock pot and am making one of our faves: pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw on top.  I use Tyler Florence's BBQ sauce recipe and cole slaw recipe.  Such a great combo!  I cook the pork all day, then shred it with a fork, and mix in the home made BBQ sauce.  Then I make a sammie with the meat (and sauce) and pile the slaw on top of the meat.  You should do it too.  I also made the Legal Beagle good old chocolate chip cookies.

Looks like the Legal Beagle will be working every day of his break, but we are both taking the day off on Friday.  We have a few fun things on the agenda including a hike, The Hunger Games, and  a Happy Hour.  Should be fun!

1 comment:

Andrew McAllister said...

My wife and I used to have Date Night most Fridays when our children were small, because Friday was also Sleepover Night with the grandparents. We were blessed! And congrats on the running. I am up to 8 K runs in training for a 5K race in May.