Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fun Weekend and Chile (Di)Verde

"I'm so tired and want to lay down in the stinky grass." This walk was followed by a bath.  

Eugene has been blessed (by some sort of Sumerian god of weather) by two days of sunshine and 60 degrees.  There are a lot of pale legs out and about this weekend.  Trooper got in two trips to the dog park and has been sitting on the patio both days. Crocuses and daffodils have started blooming, and that wonderful hopeful feeling of spring seems to be here. 
We had another fun filled weekend.  Friday night was Book Club.  Let's just say that 8 women consumed 8 bottles of wine and part of a pitcher of sangria.  You do the math.  (I really like my girlfriends.)
On Saturday, I was go, go, go.  Spin class, bowling with LS, groceries, dog park, finally sat down at 6pm and realized I wasn't moving again for the night.  I'd fully intended to go out for a drink, but it just didn't happen.  Jim made me an awesome chile verde dinner that you all should try.  Luckily Jim still went and Trooper and I turned in early.
Today I finished Week One of training with a 6 mile run.  It felt good but my legs are tired!  We cleaned all morning and walked Trooper to the dog park, so I am finally able to sit down to a cup of tea and a slice of the apple bread I made this morning.  (Which have a few healthy substitutions: canola oil for the butter and fat free Greek Yogurt for the sour cream.)
My plan now is to chill-ax while a pot roast cooks in the oven and Jim is working.  Another successful domestics weekend.

No comments: