Sunday, October 2, 2011

Birthday Weekend

 I think Jim had a great 31st birthday.  On Friday night we drove to Portland and met a friend from Denver and Seattle.  We ate at a gourmet brewery.  We had foie gras, elk, and lovely sandwiches that had meats seared in duck fat.  We seriously ate like French kings (and a queen).  And we drank plenty of good beer.  On Saturday morning, we ate at Mother's Bistro.  When we got back to Eugene, I made Jim pumpkin bars and spaghetti carbonara.  Then we went out for drinks, and I planned a pretty big party at the bar for Jim.  I think about 15 law school students and some significant others showed up!  Jim seemed to have a pretty great day.  Today our friend and I went to yoga and then we all hiked to the top of Spencer's Butte.  Jim's studying away at the library and I'm about to make the boys chicken and biscuits.  Yum!  The pic below is from Mother's.  Pretty cute reminder :)