Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Every Day Life

Well, last night's fried rice was fine, but I thought it'd be a bit more flavorful with the sauce.  I would double the sauce next time for more umami. 
Jim's working hard every night.  Aside from preparing for his usual stuff, he's doing something at school on Monday night that involves preparation.  I'll be getting two sealants on my teeth on Monday.  Trooper will be staring out the window waiting for us.  So it goes.
This year feels a bit easier in some ways because we have a routine down.  Jim's much busier than he was all summer (obviously) so I spend time with Troopie and drink a lot of wine until he makes it through his hump day.  I still miss everyone in Illinois and Florida a lot.  I also miss my friend I had here last year who moved.  But we have a lot of other nice friends here and Jim's been great about spending time with the doggie and I when he can.


1 comment:

smithktroll said...

we miss you too. I wish we could pop out next week! See you soon, only 86 days!