Monday, October 24, 2011

Autumn

 We've had some sunny, crisp autumn days.  This wasn't taken at our complex, but one nearby.  The changing leaves strike me as so beautiful every year.
Pupster got a haircut.  Poor dog has some more hotspots.  I love when he gets groomed though, he's so darn cute. 

This weekend I made some pretty darn good recipes, if I do say so.  On Saturday night, we had one of our fave couples over for dinner.  We made a tag team quiche (I made the crust and Jim made the filling.)  We even included chanterelle mushrooms from the farmer's market (may or may not have been collected in the forest.)  I also made a zucchini bundt cake from MSL.  I even made the candied zucchini, which looked like pickles on top.  The cake and glaze were really good, but you can probably leave the candied veggies out.  And last night I made curried chicken soup with sweet potato biscuits.  Sweet potato biscuits are just as awesome as they sound.  Make them now!!

No comments: