Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sewing and Leaves


One of our Christmas gifts was a lemon tree from my mother-in-law, Karen. It's been sprouting new baby leaves! It will be really awesome if it flowers and grows a fruit. We have to research how it's pollinated. It gets pretty hot in Eugene and there are a lot of bees outdoors, so hopefully we'll have a bountiful harvest.


Last night I whipped up a sewing machine cover! I've been meaning to make one for awhile. I just cut out a rectangular shape of fabric (this is a heavier canvas fabric with a sewing theme; you can't see it but the designs are little scissors, pin cushions, and irons) and sewed on four pieces of ribbon to tie together. It kind of looks like a woman wearing a bonnet.

Now I'm going to make one of Jim's new fave dishes: spaghetti carbonara. Click on the link to read about it! Make sure to read about the guancile while you're at it.

No comments: