Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back to the Real World

We are back in Eugene after an awesome weekend in Illinois. We flew in and out of Seattle (Trooper stayed with our friends there) so our trip also had the nice parentheses of seeing Joe, Lyndsey, and other fun friends in Seattle, even if for a short minute. We were able to see a lot of friends and family in Illinois as well as get in some relaxation. It was cold but sunny and we were lucky to have smooth (and early arrival) flights both ways. And a lot of good food! I love Illinois for many reasons. Not only did I meet Jim there, but I like all the things to do around Chicago and the suburbs, I love the seasons, and I love the people. Trooper was SO happy to see us in Seattle! He ran around and shook his little butt! We missed him so much. We made it back to Eugene by 8pm last night (just in time to watch the Ducks sad final score). Today it was back to work for me. Jim bought his books (he starts next Tuesday) and is ready get back to school. I started filling up my schedule right away. Tomorrow I am taking my Little Sister rock climbing, and on Thursday a girlfriend and I are going to start running together after work. I'm also really excited because Trooper and I are starting doggie classes at Pet Smart on Sunday! We are starting with an 8 week basic class. We need it!

No comments: