Thursday, January 13, 2011

What to do with an Allergic Pup?

Poor Trooper has been itching again for the last few days. His little armpits turned pink and he has a few hot spots. We even gave him an antihistamine last night for some relief. Jim took him to a natural pet store today and bought some natural hot spot spray. Then he took him on a long hike at Spencer Butte (I was so jealous at work!) and gave him a Good Buddy bath and then sprayed him again. He is either too pooped to itch or has had some relief today, because he has hardly itched at all this evening. Hopefully he'll feel better soon.
Otherwise I'm just trying to keep my figurative dance card full. I took my Little Sister rock climbing last night at a local middle school. She was a little scared but improved with each climb. I intended to climb, but was a bit uneasy with her as my belay. She tried to do it and luckily I only climbed about 3 feet up as she then let my line loose as I dropped to the ground. Whoops!
We are now about to watch Che, fitting in with my current Cuban theme. I'm reading Waiting for Snow in Havana, which is a memoir about a boy who leaves Cuba during the Revolution. What can I say, Fidel is an interesting guy!

No comments: