Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Off

 I secretly took this picture yesterday afternoon while Jim was on the phone with one of his friends from the Marines.
I also secretly took this picture this afternoon.  Trooper seems to like his new den/ nest in the kitchen and even lays in there when he doesn't have to.  I took the day off today because I have to work on Saturday.  I went to the DMV and FINALLY got my Oregon license (sigh.)  Luckily it only took an hour so I had a cooking party and prepped a turkey lasagna for tonight, cream of broccoli soup for tomorrow, and some sugar cookies for any time.  Trooper loved having me home. 

Yesterday I had the pleasure of volunteering at Eugene Sunday Streets.  This was the first time this event has been put on here and I'm not sure if it will happen again, as I'm sure it took a lot of money and man power.  3 miles of streets were closed to car traffic so people could walk, bike, run, etc in the streets.  Two parks had fun activities like live music and fitness classes.  It was sunny and in the lower 80s, so a great day to be outdoors.  My job was to stand a block away and warn drivers and tell them what routes they could take.  It was a fun event and it looked like it was well received.  Hopefully we'll see it again.

No comments: