Sunday, September 25, 2011

Domestics

Today was major domestics day.  I had to work at an event yesterday (which made me cranky, but I'm over it) and then took my LS to see The Lion King (I think I was more excited than she was.)  Today was full on domestics.  Pictured above is the chili I'm making for dinner and the apple bread for dessert.  Can you tell that I was ready for a fall themed day?  It's a lot cooler out and we even had some of our first rain today (boo!)  Jim's at the library studying hard, so Trooper and I went on a run and then set in on some intense cleaning.  Pulling books off of the bookshelf to dust in hidden places cleaning.  I used four Multi Purpose wipes before I moved on to dry towels.  I also said to myself, "We are disgusting."  Which we aren't, but seeing how much dust was hiding made me feel like we are.
The Legal Beagle turns 31 on Saturday!  (He's going to say, why did you have to post that?)  It looks like we are meeting some friends in Portland on Friday night to celebrate.  Saturday we'll head home and I think I'm making him dinner and pumpkin bars.  It looks like Trooper Z. will get to go to the boarder that night, which he will LOVE.  I'm sure he'll run around like a crazy puppy.  As Jim said today, "He never stops being cute."   

No comments: