Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day

 Jim is such a good Puppy Daddy.  There's a spot on our walk to the dog park that always has broken glass in the way, and Jim picks Trooper up to carry him.  It makes me laugh every time.
I wish I could say that Trooper was just sitting like this, but there's a treat off to the side that's he's looking at.  He LOVES jumping up on the tables at the dog park.  I think he likes that he can see what's happening.

We've had a busy weekend as always.  On Saturday morning, Jim bought us a used washer and dryer!  Yay!  They are going to be delivered next Saturday morning.  An electrician came and fixed our outlet, so hopefully no electrical shocks.  Yesterday afternoon we watched the Ducks football game.  I was reminded, once again, that I'm not the biggest fan of the football.  Or watching any lengthy sport for that matter.  But I enjoy good company and being social, so sometimes I partake. 

This morning I was very Pac NW and rode my bike to yoga.  It was about a half hour bike ride there.  It felt great!  By the time I left it had gotten a bit hot (90s all week!) but it's always so nice to ride my bike. 

Trooper is at the groomers now.  We are still working on the balance of his medicine.  Too much means GI problems and too little means hot spots.  He's getting shorn like a little sheep to help monitor the hot spots.  While he is at the groomers we're cleaning like mad.  It's always a little lonelier here without him. 

I've tried to look up a great recipe from MSL, but can't find the exact one.  This zucchini fritter recipe is pretty similar.  We've made them three times now and love them each time.  They're great dipped in plain yogurt and apricot preserves.  A great way to use all of those summer zucchini!

No comments: