Friday, September 23, 2011

Autumn

 It's hard to believe that fall is here when it's getting up to 86 today.  Anyway, my husband is so clever that he makes these awesome salmon cakes with no recipe.  I thought I'd share.  He chops up carrot, celery, and onion (or SLAP CHOPS them!)
 He grinds some crab boil spices for flavor.  As he did this, he said, "I feel like an Incan Grandmother."
 Then he mixes canned salmon, egg, veggies, spices, and makes a patty that he coats in panko.  Oh, and I think he throws regular bread crumbs in there somewhere.  You'd have to ask him.  Then he fries them.
 "Dad, I LOVE salmon.  Almost as much as I love you.  Look at my puppy dog eyes and give me some salmon!"
 I'm sure Jim would share his salmon wisdom with you if you asked.
And a few hours later, this is where we find our prince.  Yes, we have a bug blanket on our bed and I sleep with a stuffed dog.  And a real dog.  It works for me.

No comments: