Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dog Days

This weekend I didn't dry my hair or put on make up.  I felt like I looked slightly like a hobo, but I guess that's okay for a weekend.  This morning I took my LS and Trooper to the park.  We had a big moment when she agreed to get a bagel and milk at the Humble Bagel and NOT fast food.  She ate it and liked it!  As my readers know, I have a really, really hard time buying most fast food, but I buy it for her so I don't send her home starving.  So today was a big deal for us.  After I dropped her off and took the doggie home, a lovely girlfriend and I went to lunch while Jim went golfing with her partner.  As I constantly say, we are so lucky to have so many nice friends and we both try to take the time to hang out with friends separately.  And now after jogging and all that usual stuff, Jim is making me dinner.  We are working our way through some recipes from this month's Martha Stewart Living.  Tonight it's the pasta with grilled eggplant.  (Did you know that eggplant is my favorite veggie?)  We have been trying to have a few nights a week without meat, both for our pocketbook, health, and the environment.  I love meat quite a bit, but our culture is a bit excessive.  So tonight we are veggying it!  Is that a verb?

No comments: