Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School

Somebody is a 2L!  It's the obligatory Back to School photo.  I'm waiting for, "I can't believe you posted that."

Back into the routine.  Although I am feeling lazy tonight, I thought I'd post a few good recipes.

I made this meatloaf in Florida and when I returned Jim had meatloaf envy, so I made it for him.  In a 90 degree apartment with one tiny window AC.  I think it was worth it.  Sometimes I make mini meatloaves and sometimes I make on big one.  The big one lended itself to meatloaf sandwiches, which my favorite 2L got in his lunch box today.  (What a lucky law student.)

Jim made this bean dip for a BBQ on Saturday.  It's so fresh and yummy.  It's kind of like an Italian hummus and great with pita chips.  Or any chips.  On Sunday I smeared it on some flatbread and put turkey on top for a good sandwich. 

Wish us both luck as we start the school year again!

1 comment:

smithktroll said...

thanks so much for the back to school photo! I know he's grown, but I still love them! Love you too, glad you had a fab trip!