Sunday, July 31, 2011

Warm Days

 This was our balcony before...
And this is it after they replaced the wood on Friday.  It's much better!

Jim is at Shasta Lake in Northern CA until Tuesday.  As always, I miss him.  So does Trooper.  Trooper followed him around while he was packing, wagging his tail.  I think he thought he'd be going too.  Sorry, pup. 
I am having our friends who are moving tomorrow over for dinner tonight.  I am making chicken tacos with a green salsa.  We've decided that green salsa is really the way to go.  Tomatillos don't get enough attention.  I made the salsa from this empanada recipe and plan to coat the shredded chicken in it. I have lots of farmer's market veggies to dress the tacos with, so it should be a yummy and healthy dinner.  Just sad with their departure looming on the horizon. 
We finally put the window AC unit in our bedroom.  At night, it's very cool here (lower 50s) but from about 1pm until 8pm, our apartment bakes.  Trooper doesn't like to walk too far when it's over 80 and I can't blame him since he's wearing a black fur coat, so I took a bike ride this afternoon and he snoozed in the AC.  Tough life, puppers. 

No comments: