Monday, July 25, 2011

Spicy

We were a busy family this weekend.  After we got home from Bend, I took my LS to the park, and on Saturday evening we had a couple over for dinner.  Jim made two MSL recipes (yep, he loves Martha too) and I made spicy vodka.  I'm telling you, if you like spicy things, make this vodka.  I cut up 3 serrano peppers (seeds and all) and let them soak in vodka for about three hours.  I strained the peppers and mixed the vodka with homemade lemonade and a splash of club soda.  It was spicy and refreshing. 
On Sunday we rode our bikes to the Eugene City Bakery and drank iced coffee outside and shared a chocolate croissant.  It was lovely.  In the evening we drove to Troutdale (east of Portland) to see the Fleet Foxes.  I really love that band.  The lead singer has a wonderful voice and their music is melodic and not too loud.  It was a fun time, but a late night for us.  Luckily Trooper was at his friend's house.  We made it back to Eugene around midnight.  Pretty late for us on a Sunday. 
This evening I went to yoga with my lovely, wonderful friend.  She and her husband are moving, as he's transferring to a great school where they will be near family.  It's a good move for them, but I am going to miss her a lot.  It was a great last yoga together, as no one else showed up, so it was just us and our teacher.  It was a touching way to end our yoga time together.  I'm going to continue to go, but I'll miss her going with me.  As I told Jim tonight, I get very attached to people, places, and routines, so when they change, it always throws me off.  I guess that's all part of life. 

No comments: