Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cool Days

I don't mean to rub it in the faces of my Chicago people, but I can't believe there's a heat wave everywhere else in the country.  On the morning news, they said that Eugene has only reached 80 degrees 7 times this summer.  I believe we are getting into the mid-70s today.  I'm sure the brutal heat will hit us at sometime, probably in August. 
We are leaving for Bend after work.  Jim made fun of the amount of snacks I bought for a one night trip that will only have us in the car for 6 hours total.  Who doesn't need sweet and salty hazelnuts for a drive through the mountains?
While Jim is in court Trooper and I are going to discover Bend.  I don't think he's actually appearing in a court room.  If he was, I'd love to go and watch.  Although I'd probably giggle a lot and have the desire to yell, "I object!"  Instead I think I'll buy snacks from food courts with my puppers. 

No comments: