Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Weekends

 Yesterday afternoon we went to the Cascades Raptor Center.  It is in the south hills of Eugene.
 This bald eagle was just chillin.
 While we were there, Trooper went to We Suds Em to get groomed.  Oh my gosh is he cute when he gets groomed.  (And every other day of his life!) 
On Saturday after my haircut, I stopped at the Saturday Market.  It's full of summer fruits and veggies.  If I had a lot of cash, I could easily buy a crazy amount of stuff at the market.  This week I bought tomatoes, basil (hence the fresh bruschetta above), raspberries, and strawberries. 

Otherwise, we had a busy weekend that included me hanging out with my LS, going to see Super 8 (pretty cute), dinner with friends, shopping, domestic duties, cooking (Jim made tinga for dinner last night.  Yum!), and all of the other fun weekend things we have to get done.  We're making an effort to do one outdoor/new/fun thing every weekend (this week was the Raptor Center) together before the summer escapes us. 

The weather has been beautiful.  Now that the rain is over it is very dry and there is no humidity.  My allergies are still here but seem to be getting a little better.  We're holding out on putting our window AC unit in, as it looks like we'll only have highs in the 70s next week.  Even when it's cool, our apartment heats up pretty well between the hours of 4 and 7pm due to the sun shining in a window that doesn't close.  We just make an effort to run the fans in the morning and close the blinds all day.  We'll just appreciate central AC that much more when we get it. 

No comments: