Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Slacking

 I'm so happy when we can buy fresh food at the market in the summer.  The other night I made fresh pesto.  If you've never made pesto, it's so easy.  And fresh. 
 You just need to mini chop a lot of basil leaves, pine nuts (or walnuts work for those of us watching the old pocket book), parmesan cheese, olive oil, and salt. 
 It kind of looks like baby poop, but it tastes good.
 If you put it on your freshly cooked pasta it will coat those suckers nicely.  I added fresh cherry tomatoes and sauteed shrimp. 
And we had a nice, fresh summer dinner!

I have been totally slacking on both blogging and crafting this summer.  The weather has been so nice and I've been so happy to have Jim and Trooper to hang out with every evening.  On Tuesday we rode our bikes to have some drinks and last night I went with a friend to take our doggies jogging in a wooded park.  It's hard to sit down at my sewing machine or computer when there's sunshine to soak up.  The sun has just disappeared when we get ready to go to bed.

On Trooper: his itching has almost completely gone away!  I think 100 mg/ day of the cyclosporine has worked.  Once he's leveled out we can go to every other day.  His very short hair also helps to keep pollen away.  It's been so nice to see him have relief.  We've been giving him Taste of the Wild food (currently on bison) and have been giving him some "extras" as we like (last night I gave him cooked carrots.)  Hopefully he's a happy puppy.

I've also had some allergy relief.  Hopefully the grasses are almost done.  I'm not taking Allegra and seem to be okay.  I think I'll just have to move out of Eugene for the month of June next year :)

No comments: