Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Kung Pao

I think Jim posted this Kung Pao Chicken recipe on Facebook, but I don't know if I've posted it online.  He made it Monday night.  I've been slacking on my recipe links.  I've been slacking on most indoor activities.  Our apartment feels hot and stuffy after work and all I want to do is take the dog outside in the evenings.  Last night my friend and I walked our doggies for an hour until we reached Prince Puckler's, a lovely ice cream shop near campus.  I love (good) ice cream.  Jim and I still talk dreamily about Graham's ice cream in downtown Geneva, IL.  We used to go there in the summer evenings and then walk around Geneva, looking at the beautiful houses with their nice gardens and pretty geraniums.  If you don't go on walks with the person you love, you should start.  It's pretty nice.

2 comments:

LyndseyB said...

Amanda - do you happen to have an ice cream maker? I made this gelato recently (my version consisted of coconut milk and duck eggs instead, because of my allergies) and it was still amazing annnnd pretty. http://foodnouveau.com/2010/07/21/italy/how-to-make-gelato-a-detailed-step-by-step-recipe/
Love, Lyndsey

Amanda said...

Oh man, an ice cream maker is totally on my wish list!! I've wanted one for awhile. I'll def bookmark this recipe in case I do get one! Thanks!