Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summer

Summer is a good time in the Zika/ DiVerde household.  Jim arrived home from Bend on Friday evening and is ready to kick of his vacation.  (Except he's going in to work for awhile tomorrow.)  On Saturday, he volunteered at the law school graduation and I spent the day sailing at a reservoir with Big Brothers Big Sisters.  And today was one of my fave runs of the year: Bark in the Park!  Trooper is my best canine running buddy and we love that 5K. 
In Trooper news, we have been trying a new home remedy for Trooper's skin issues.  (We've had about two weeks of horrible sleep because of his itchiness.)  Rubbing his skin with apple cider vinegar.  It seems to give him relief!  According to different online sources, it returns the pH of the skin back to normal.  Poor puppers seemed to get relief, so everyone here was happy.  (If you are worried about the smell, it evaporates after a few minutes.)  Everyone slept well last night!
I've also started my own allergy home remedies.  My symptoms are not very severe yet this year and I'm trying to nip them in the bud before they start.  Although I am not a fan of medicines, I am taking a Zyrtec (without a decongestant) every day.  I have also been using antihistamine eye drops a few times a day and started using my Neti Pot tonight to clear the pollen out.  I also have an appointment this week for acupuncture, as I have heard that helps with symptoms.  Last year my worst symptoms began in June, so hopefully they will be less severe this year. 
Trooper and I are going to be allergy experts by the time our time in Eugene is up!

No comments: