Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Book Club

If you are Facebook friends with me, you know that Book Club got a little silly on Friday.  The gal who hosted is very nice, but does, in fact, have a few taxidermied organisms throughout her home.  When one has a few glasses of wine and starts conversing about these ("How do you clean that antelope?"  "Dawn dishsoap."), one decides it's a good idea to pose for a few pictures with them.  Needless to say, things got silly.  (Things got much sillier that night, but I won't bore you with the details that are only funny if you were there.  I look back at the night thinking it felt a lot like being an undergrad.  Which is always fun when you're 31.)
What have we been reading?  Last month's book was The Invisible Wall by Harry Bernstein.  I didn't actually read the book, but was told it was about WWI.  So I can't really give you an honest review, but can tell you our hostess made awesome fajitas. 
For June, we are reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.  I have reserved it at the library and am excited to read it, as I have heard a lot about it.  I'll keep you posted.
I've just finished Lunch in Paris, which was a really lovely read, and am not starting The Sex Lives of Cannibals, which is a pretty hilarious memoir.  If you enjoy reading travel memoirs, both are good choices.
If you have any good book suggestions, feel free to let me know!

No comments: