Friday, May 18, 2012

Island of Misfit Lonely Hearts

I realized that I probably haven't shared the details about our apartment complex with our readers.  First of all, it's a clean, safe, mostly quiet place that is moderately priced and meets our needs.  That being said, it's an interesting mix of people.  I think Jim has described it as both The Lonely Hearts Club and The Island of Misfit Toys.  (Can you imagine that combination?)  In the past six months or so, Jim has now "rescued" three people: two women who fell and one man who fell out of his wheelchair.  (The last time was the man in the wheelchair, and Jim ran inside, said, "Take Trooper, I have to go help someone!" and ran out.  He's sort of like Superman.)  One man likes to give me unsolicited advice (how to walk my dog, I should wear shoes not flip flops, I should wear a reflective vest when riding my bike).  Another woman goes to the rec room to watch the Home Shopping Channel on mute (and not work out.)  And I could go on.  At least it gives us something funny to talk about. 

No comments: