Monday, April 16, 2012

Recipes and Such

My darling friend suggested Rachael Ray's slow cooker recipes.  Yesterday I made the Pepper Steak, which turned out really well.  I cut the recipe in half and it still left us with some leftovers for lunches.  I added in a sliced green pepper along with the red and yellow and also added a half cup of water and some crushed red pepper for a little spice.  Gotta love the slow cooker. 
We are looking ahead to another fun weekend: Thursday night we are attending something called The Law of Wine, which I think is just us drinking wine and eating dinner and learning about the laws of wine.  Or something.  Saturday morning will be my last long run before the big day: 11 miles!  And on Sunday I am participating in the King Estate Winery 5K.  Last year's was lots of fun, and it was only $5.00 for those participating in the Marathon or Half Marathon.
Until then, business as usual!
Oh, and I found a fun website today.  If you are feeling particularly materialistic (which I am more often that I should be), Elements of Style is a fun blog to read/ puruse/ be green with envy of.




2 comments:

marker pens said...

I love to make cooking and i m always ready to make new recipe with new ideas. It is informative post. I impressed by that.

Nutrition Facts said...

Slow cooker recipes are always tasty !!

nutrition data