Sunday, April 22, 2012

Busy Bees

We have just wrapped up a fun but tiring weekend.  Woo.

On Saturday morning, my running buddy and I woke up and ran 11 miles at 7am.  It took us almost exactly 1 hour and 50 minutes.  (Did you know that I ran 30 miles this week?)  That was our last long run before the half marathon.  We are totally ready.  After we ran, she and her boyfriend came over and I made us all Spanish baked eggs, then she and I went to the Saturday market and the fabric shop.  As always, it's great to have girlfriends, especially as finals approach. 

Saturday afternoon was a BBBS group day at a Capoeira (Brazilian martial arts) studio.  My LS had a great time.  I, on the other hand, felt like my legs were going to fall off.  We were there for two hours, and after running 11 miles, not so easy.  But my LS had a great time and it was awesome for her to be exposed to something new. 

After a few hours of martial arts, I picked up Trooper and took him to a park where our friends were playing kickball.  (We had a really summery, dry weekend.)  Trooper was def the MVP of the game.  Then we grilled and played games before I had to put the Legal Beagle to bed.

This morning was one of my fave 5ks: King Estate winery.  We (my girlfriend and I) left Eugene around 7:45 this morning and drove around 40 minutes out to the winery.  It was a really foggy morning, but by the end of our run, the sun broke the fog and the winery looked beautiful.  The terrain was really hilly and it's a great challenge of a course.  I even rewarded myself with a half a glass of wine at the end.

After we drove back to town and ran a few errands, I took Trooper Z. to the dog park.  The pollen has been really bad here and he's had about 3 days of really intense itching.  The poor pup itches and itches and itches.  I can hear him itching in the other room right now.  We are giving him 2 Zyrtec a day, 1 cyclosporine, and I gave him an oatmeal bath.  Poor poopers. 

And finally, I made a few tasty recipes tonight.  They were both great for a nearly 80 degree and sunny day in Eugene (yayyyyyy global climate change!)  Even the Legal Beagle said they were both fresh recipes.  I made a spicy Cuban mojo chicken with a side of cilantro lime rice.  I also fried a plantain on the side and daydreamed of going to Cuba.

Well, blog readers, my dogs are barking.   

1 comment:

Tough Mudder said...

Awesome post, that was a great training for your upcoming marathon. Looking forward for more updates. Great marathon you had, good luck ! Thanks for sharing !