Saturday, April 14, 2012

Beautiful Saturday

 Oh my gosh, what a beautiful Saturday!  Sunny and 60s.  We had to get outside.  My little buddy Oliver was ready for some hiking.  We hiked a part of the Ridgeline system of trails. 
 Trooper was jealous of Oliver's awesome yard.  I told Trooper that in a few years we'd have a yard of our own, and if we are really lucky, a fenced in one at that. 
My awesomely wonderful friend and running partner is allowing me to help in her garden this year.  Today we planted beans, peas, and a lot of organic lettuce.  The beans and peas were started from seed, but we purchased the lettuce at the Saturday Market.  I'm already excited about summer veggies. 

After a wonderful day outside, we are relaxing at home.  Jim is making Giada's Chicken Marsala with Mascarpone tonight.  I will probably fall asleep on the couch at a silly hour, but that's fine since tomorrow is our 10 mile run.  We are starting at 7:30am to try to get ready for race day (7am on April 29th!!)


No comments: