Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Fifth of July!

A midweek holiday really throws a gal off!  We had a nice day off yesterday but it's back to the coal mines today.  (Glad tomorrow is Friday!)
Yesterday morning I ran in the Butte to Butte 10k.  It's a really fun run.  I finished at around 55:30, putting me at an 8:53 mile!  I was pretty excited to be under 9:00.  The best part of the run is that Jim said while he and the doggie were waiting for me at the finish line, someone that he didn't even know yelled, "Hey Trooper!"  Our dog is kind of a local celebrity.  (We still have no idea who that was.)
In the afternoon we had people over.  My lovely hubby made home made BBQ sauce for grilled chicken and potato salad.  One of our friends is dairy free, so I made these awesome Frozen Peanut Butter Pies.  (I made a few changes such as omitting the dairy free whipped cream and margarine.  Margarine scares me.)  They were really good!  I made them in muffin papers so we each had a frozen treat.  If you like coconut milk and are dairy free, I highly recommend them.
Tons and tons of fireworks were going off in our area.  Eugene/ Springfield folks are really into home fireworks.  (And cannons judging by some of the noise.)  The official (legal) fireworks went off right next door to us, so we were able to just stand on our balcony and watch.  Poor Trooper was really anxious about them.  (He's currently sleeping off his July 4th hangover.) 
In my next post I plan to tell you about the new Iced Coffees that are being made by my barista (husband) every day.  Get ready to hear about the cold pressed system! 

No comments: